We are Open! Come on in.. We are open 365 days a year!Read more
Food and Drinks
A comprehensive breakfast is included in the standard rate for all our rooms.
Our inclusive menu aims to cater to most everyone’s tastes with a choice between the hearty cooked breakfast or the lighter continental platter.
We will also endeavor to take into consideration special dietary needs such as Gluten free, vegetarian and vegan. (requires notice when booking your stay).
Our Inclusive Menu
• Chilled fruit juice selection: orange, grapefruit and a guest juice
• Cereals: (various)
• Natural yogurt*
• Freshly prepared orange and grapefruit segments
• Seasonal fruits
*Give this breakfast great a little bit of a luxurious twist; drizzle with local honey, dried fruit or sprinkle on some seed mix!
† Fancy a continental twist to this breakfast favourite? Ask for our porridge bruleé
• Toast brown or white toast
• Preserves, orange marmalade and honey
Choose our lighter start continental dish or one of our cooked breakfast options.
A Lighter start;
• Continental breakfast: selection of charcuterie and cooked meats, cheeses, selection of preserves, marmalade and honey and a selection of rustic rolls and mini-danish pastries.
The hearty Avalon cooked breakfast;
• Cornish full breakfast: Two rashers of Cornish unsmoked back bacon, pork sausage, a slice of hogs/white pudding or black pudding, hash brown, butter sautéed mushrooms, sautéed baby tomatoes garnished with fresh basil and two free range eggs; poached, fried or scrambled.
• Open breakfast muffin: A toasted white muffin, buttered and topped with two free range eggs; poached, fried or scrambled, with two rashers of smoked streaky bacon, topped with sautéed mushrooms and sautéed baby tomatoes and garnished with fresh basil.
• Uitsmijter (pronounced out smiter): two slices of brown or white bread buttered and topped with two slices of mild Dutch Gouda cheese, ham, and two free range fried or poached eggs all topped off with sautéed baby tomatoes garnished with fresh basil.
A choice of
• A choice or traditional breakfast, Earl grey or decaf pot of tea or, if you prefer, choose from a selection of fruit and herbal teas
• Filter coffee
• Cafeteria of decaf coffee
We can provide a packed lunch upon request (please order by 6pm the evening before).